Saturday, November 15, 2008

Itaewon and Namdaemun Areas

I thought I would post a few pictures of Korea for you to enjoy. The first three are of an area called Itaewon. It has a strip of shops and lots of restaurants. I will try to get a picture of the shopping area on our next trip there, but for now, you get to see just how congested it really is here. These pictures are taken from a hill on base looking out toward Itaewon. The tower you see in the picture is Seoul Tower. We are going to take a trip sometime soon to the tower and we will make sure to take the camera. The last two pictures are of a shopping area called Namdeamun. It has been crazy busy every time I have been there. It was raining the day I took these so they aren't as good as I hoped, but you can get an idea of the shopping markets here. Some are indoor and some are outdoor and they sell everything you can imagine. Everyone wants you to buy from them so they are willing to bargain, but it helps to have someone with you that speaks Korean. I haven't really come across any amazing deals to tell about, but if I do, I will let you know.

No comments: